Horse Sense of the Sierras (Horse SOS) has created a dynamic and professional approach to equine guided learning experiences. Our processes can be customized to meet your goals and objectives. We bring horses and people together in activities that create and foster positive, productive interpersonal relationships. It is our goal to bring out the very best in individuals and working groups through the sharing of the ageless, intimate, connection between human beings and horses. No experience with horses is necessary; the work is done in the equine arena but no riding is involved. We are believers in the saying, “the way we approach horses is the way we approach life.” We invite you to see how that is so!
The Two-leggeds: Our two-legged staff is certified by the Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA). They include a Mental Health Professional, responsible for program planning and transformative learning processes, and an Equine Specialist whose skills and abilities are most readily apparent in the equine arena while guiding ground activities, providing optimal learning conditions, and ensuring safety for participants and horses.
The Four-leggeds: Our four-legged staff is carefully selected for characteristics that enable them to be effective agents of transformative change — which means that their role is to be themselves.
- Couples in relationships
- Corporate Teams
- Management Teams
- Organizations such as Service Groups & Church Staffs
- Boards of Directors
- Small Businesses
- Increased self awareness
- Enhanced intuition and awareness
- Insight about one’s approach and intention
- Improved clarity of focus
- Awareness of habitual, often-maladaptive behaviors
- Ability to be more congruent/authentic
- Ability to manage anger, fear and frustration
- Appropriate assertiveness
- More self-confidence
- Improved interpersonal relationships
- Improved leadership skills
- Team Building
- Greater recognition of responsibility